Sat, Nov 14|
Intro to 3-Gun
3-Gun is one of the fastest growing shooting sports. It combines the use of pistol, rifle and shotgun in a fast-paced and competitive setting. This is a great place to start if you are interested in competitive shooting, or just in having fun and learning a new discipline.
Time & Location
Nov 14, 2020, 2:00 PM – Nov 15, 2020, 4:00 PM
DefComp, 1821 1st Ave, Scottsbluff, NE 69361, USA
About the Event
Intro to 3-Gun
Saturday, November 14 - 2pm to 5pm
Sunday,November 15 - 9am to 4 pm
Pre-Requisite: Prefer Basic Level Course on any platform (pistol, rifle or shotgun). Must have enough experience to be comfortable and safe with all three platforms.
Course topics: Safety (general firearms, and specific to competition) 3-Gun Rules & Etiquette Divisions Equipment Scoring 3-Gun Loading Moving & Shooting (in a competition setting) Gun to Gun Transitions Practical Exercises (live stages)
Ammunition Requirement (Estimate Only - More Definitive List Will Be Provided Closer to Course Date): Pistol: 75-150 Rifle: 75-150 Shotgun: 75-150
• Review of all 3 firearms - functions and handling
• Discussion of 3-Gun Rules, divisions, scoring, and potential variations
• Review of 3-Gun Equipment
Instructor led approach through multiple stages. Each stage will be broken into sections, using the "crawl, walk, run" method, to allow students to be confident in their skill prior to shooting a stage as a whole. The goal is to get the student to a skill level where they could safely and confidently compete in a match, if they choose to.
Student Should Bring:
1. Pistol (Min. caliber of 9mm)
2. At least two pistol magazines
3. Pistol Holster, with retention (Holster must be able to retain gun securely when running or moving up and down. For safety reasons, soft side nylon holsters are NOT permitted. Contact us with questions.)
4. Pistol Magazine Pouch
5. Belt (should be sturdy enough to retain weight of holster/pistol and pistol mag pouches when running and moving up and down.)
6. Rifle (.223/.556)
7. Shotgun (12 or 20 gauge)
8. Eye Protection
9. Ear/Hearing Protection
10. Ammunition referenced above ***We do have loaner gear and guns available, and will work with each student prior to the course to ensure they have everything they need.
1. Sturdy footwear
2. Long pants recommended
3. No low cut, deep or v-neck tops
Course Fee: $150
Completed registration and course fee reserves your spot in the course.
Discounts for LE/Mil & AGAG.
Course Size Is Limited.
REGISTRATION POLICIES & TERMS:
Cancellation: 50% of class/event fee is a non-refundable deposit.
Refunds: Refunds for the balance of event fee, if no transfer is possible, are issued via PayPal.
No-Show: Participants who do not show to the event without prior 72-hour notice forfeit their total registration fees.
Intro to 3-Gun
This course combines the use of pistol, rifle and shotgun into fun and competitive stages!$150.00