Intro to 3-Gun (10/30/21 & 10/31/21)
Time & Location
About the Event
Intro to 3-Gun
Saturday, October 30 - 8am to 4pm
Sunday, October 31 - 8am to 4 pm
Pre-Requisite: Prefer Basic Level Course on any platform (pistol, rifle or shotgun). Must have enough experience to be comfortable and safe with all three platforms.
Safety (general firearms, and specific to competition)
3-Gun Rules & Etiquette
Moving & Shooting (in a competition setting)
Gun to Gun Transitions
Practical Exercises (live stages)
Ammunition Requirement (Estimate Only - More Definitive List Will Be Provided Closer to Course Date):
• Review of all 3 firearms - functions and handling
• Discussion of 3-Gun Rules, divisions, scoring, and potential variations
• Review of 3-Gun Equipment
Instructor led approach through multiple stages. Each stage will be broken into sections, using the "crawl, walk, run" method, to allow students to be confident in their skill prior to shooting a stage as a whole. The goal is to get the student to a skill level where they could safely and confidently compete in a match, if they choose to.
1. Pistol (Min. caliber of 9mm)
2. At least two pistol magazines
3. Pistol Holster, with retention (Holster must be able to retain gun securely when running or moving up and down. For safety reasons, soft side nylon holsters are NOT permitted. Contact us with questions.)
4. Pistol Magazine Pouch
5. Belt (should be sturdy enough to retain weight of holster/pistol and pistol mag pouches when running and moving up and down.)
6. Rifle (.223/.556)
7. Shotgun (12 or 20 gauge)
8. Eye Protection
9. Ear/Hearing Protection
10. Ammunition (referenced above)
**Please call us at (308)575-0596 with questions about any required equipment.
1. Sturdy footwear
2. Long pants recommended
3. No low cut, deep or v-neck tops
Course Fee: $225
REGISTRATION POLICIES & TERMS:
Minimum Course Size: 5 (DefComp reserves the right to cancel the course if minimum course size is not met one week prior to class. In the event of cancellation by DefComp, student's full course fee will be refunded.)
Student Cancellation: 50% of class/event fee is a non-refundable deposit.
Refunds: Refunds for the balance of event fee, if no transfer is possible, are issued via PayPal.
No-Show: Participants who do not show to the event without prior 72-hour notice forfeit their total registration fees.
- Intro to 3-Gun$225$2250$0